Wednesday 3 March 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Doohan and Ronald Searle.
Cosmopolis, directed by Gaston Ravel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Man of the Forest by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 1920!
Which were the important events of 3 March 1920 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
- James Doohan: Canadian-American actor (d. 2005).
- Ronald Searle: American artist whose drawings were published from 1935 and who held noted art exhibits from 1950.
- Julius Boros: pro golfer (US Open 1952), dies of heart attack at age 74.
- Hubert Giraud (composer)
- Julius Boros golfer (PGA Champion 1968: US Open 1952, 1963).
- Hubert Giraud: French composer and lyricist.
- Theodor Philipsen: Danish painter (Born 1840).
- Montreal Canadiens scores NHL record 16 goals beating QuTbec Bulldogs.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When I Look in His Face - Homer Rodeheaver & Virginia Asher
- Dardanella - Harry Raderman's Jazz Orchestra
- Prohibition Blues - Nora Bayes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?