Thursday 22 July 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hugh Dundas and Harold Hoopman.
La Vénus d'Arles, directed by Georges Denola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1920 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Hugh Dundas: Fighter pilot / businessman.
- Harold Hoopman: American oil executive.
- Luigi Malabrocca: Italian cyclist, winner twice of the Giro d'Italia in the Italian Circuit, the ultimate challenge, in 1946 and 1947.
- William Kissam Vanderbilt: American businessman and horse breeder, member of the Vanderbilt family (Born 1849).
- Polish–Soviet War: Poland sues for peace with Bolshevist Russia (refused).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Enrico Caruso - Love Me or Not
- Alabama Moon - Hawaiian Trio
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?