Saturday 8 July 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gilles Caron and Marie-Françoise Ruperti.
Bulldog Drummond's Bride, directed by James P. Hogan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 July 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1939 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
Famous Birthdays:08 July
- [Henry] Havelock Ellis: English sexologist (Man & Woman), dies at 80.
- 59th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Bobby Riggs beats E Cooke (26 86 36 63 62)