Wednesday 26 July 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 26, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard de Montréal and John Howard.
In Name Only, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 July 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1939 ?
- Bernard de Montréal
- John Howard: Australian attorney and politician, Prime Minster in 1996.
- Bruce McBroom: American photographer who markets his talents in Hollywood, photographing movie stills and working for studios free-lance; a big name in the business.
- Bob Lilly: American football player, a Defensive tackle with the Dallas Cowboys from 1961-1974.
- Richard Marlow: English organist and conductor (d. 2013).
- Jun Henmi: Japanese author and poet (d. 2011).
- Jean-Paul Pigasse: Toulouse Journalist.
- J W Howard: Prime Minister of Australia.
- Yankee catcher Bill Dickey hits 3 consecutive HRs