Wednesday 26 July 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include J W Howard and John Howard.
John, the Soldier of Vengeance, directed by Louis J. Gasnier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1939 ?
- J W Howard: Prime Minister of Australia.
- John Howard: Australian attorney and politician, Prime Minster in 1996.
- Bob Lilly: American football player, a Defensive tackle with the Dallas Cowboys from 1961-1974.
- Bruce McBroom: American photographer who markets his talents in Hollywood, photographing movie stills and working for studios free-lance; a big name in the business.
- Jean-Paul Pigasse: Toulouse Journalist.
- Jun Henmi: Japanese author and poet (d. 2011)
- Richard Marlow: English organist and conductor (d. 2013)
- Yankee catcher Bill Dickey hits 3 consecutive HRs
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?