Friday 21 July 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 21, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kim Fowley and John Negroponte.
Beau Geste, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 July 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1939 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Kim Fowley: American record producer, singer, impresario, songwriter, musician, film maker, and radio actor.
- John Negroponte: British-born American diplomat who served in the American Foreign Service beginning in 1960.
- Judy Chicago: Artist.
- Jamey Aebersold: American saxophonist and educator.