Friday 21 July 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kim Fowley and John Negroponte.
John, the Soldier of Vengeance, directed by Louis J. Gasnier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Wickford Point by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1939 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Kim Fowley: American record producer, singer, impresario, songwriter, musician, film maker, and radio actor.
- John Negroponte: British-born American diplomat who served in the American Foreign Service beginning in 1960.
- Jamey Aebersold: American saxophonist and educator.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?