Sunday 16 July 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marion Pitt and Mary Parkinson.
Each Dawn I Die, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Wickford Point by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1939 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Marion Pitt: Social worker / writer.
- Mary Parkinson: British broadcaster.
- Corin Redgrave: British actor, political activist and noted family, the son of actor Sir Michael Redgrave (born 3/20/1908, Bristol) and his wife, actress Rachel Kempson (born 5/28/1910, Dartmouth), a distinguished theatrical family.
- Nicolas Seydoux: French official, the President of Gaumont, the president of the association against audiovisual piracy, and the vice president of the Arte France supervisory board.
- William Bell: American singer-songwriter.
- Denise LaSalle: American singer-songwriter and producer
- Shringar Nagaraj: Indian actor and producer (d. 2013)
- Mariele Ventre: Italian singer and conductor (d. 1995)
- Beatrice Erskine Lane Suzuki: Zen student.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?