Sunday 16 July 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 16, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Corin Redgrave and Nicolas Seydoux.
Blondie Takes a Vacation, directed by Frank R. Strayer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 July 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1939 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Corin Redgrave: British actor, political activist and noted family, the son of actor Sir Michael Redgrave (born 3/20/1908, Bristol) and his wife, actress Rachel Kempson (born 5/28/1910, Dartmouth), a distinguished theatrical family.
- Nicolas Seydoux: French official, the President of Gaumont, the president of the association against audiovisual piracy, and the vice president of the Arte France supervisory board.
- Marion Pitt: Social worker / writer.
- Mary Parkinson: British broadcaster.
- William Bell: American singer-songwriter.
- Anibal Cavaco Silva: Statesman.
- Shringar Nagaraj: Indian actor and producer (d. 2013).
- Mariele Ventre: Italian singer and conductor (d. 1995).
- Denise LaSalle: American singer-songwriter and producer.
- Ali Khamenei: Statesman.
- Beatrice Erskine Lane Suzuki: Zen student.