Sunday 1 February 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth Bond and Pierre D'Oriola.
Suds, directed by Jack Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1920!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1920 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Kenneth Bond: former vice-chairman.
- Pierre D'Oriola: French Olympic athlete, an equestrian, who took home Olympic gold medals for show jumping in 1952 and again in 1964.
- Pierre Jonquieres: France sport Champion.
- Mike Scarry: American football player and coach (d. 2012).
- 1st commercial armored car introduced (St Paul Minn)
- Soccer team Quick Boys forms.
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police forms as Royal Northwest Mounted Police merge with Dominion Police.
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police begins operations.
- Carter Glass ends his term as Treasury Secretary.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 February 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That Naughty Waltz - Eddy Brown
- Tell Me - Al Jolson
- You'd be Surprised - Irving Kaufman
- Invitation to the Waltz - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?