Sunday February 01, 1920
US date format: 2/1/1920, UK date format: 1/2/1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 1, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Zao Wou-Ki and Pierre Jonquères d'Oriola.
His Royal Slyness, directed by Hal Roach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 01, 1920?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- See more
- Soccer team Quick Boys forms.
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police forms as Royal Northwest Mounted Police merge with Dominion Police.
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police begins operations.
- Carter Glass ends his term as Treasury Secretary.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 01, 1920?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Eddy Brown - That Naughty Waltz
- Irving Kaufman - You'd be Surprised
- Al Jolson - Tell Me
- Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor) - Invitation to the Waltz