Sunday 29 February 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Arthur Franz and Louise Wood.
Cosmopolis, directed by Gaston Ravel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 February 1920!
Which were the important events of 29 February 1920 ?
- Arthur Franz: Perth Amboy, New Jersey -- Actor (Invaders From Mars, Young Lions).
- Louise Wood: director of Girl Scouts of USA (1961-72).
- Gaston Combes: French rugby player.
- Claude Lalet: French student, a member of the Union of Communist Students, arrested for taking part in the anti-Nazi demonstration on 11 November 1940 at the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
- James Mitchell: American actor, known for his roles on TV soap operas including "Edge of Night" "and All My Children," in the latter for more than three decades beginning in 1979.
- Michèle Morgan: French actress who won acclaim by the age of 18 for the film "Quai Des Brumes," one year after her debut in French films. Blessed with a classic beauty and large expressive eyes, Morgan studied under Rene Simon before entering films at age 15, quickly advancing from bits to lead roles. She entered American films in 1942 with "Joan Of Paris." Her other American films included "Higher and Higher," 1943 and "Passage To Marseilles," 1944. In 1946, Morgan won the Best Actress Award at Cannes for her
- Michele Morgan: France Actor
- Henry Dumery: France Writer
- Paul Begni: Menton Military man
- Ernie Courtney: American baseball player (Born 1875).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 February 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Prohibition Blues - Nora Bayes
- Dardanella - Harry Raderman's Jazz Orchestra
- When I Look in His Face - Homer Rodeheaver & Virginia Asher
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?