Sunday 8 February 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bengt Ekerot and Lana Turner.
Suds, directed by Jack Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The River's End by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1920!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1920 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Bengt Ekerot
- Lana Turner: Wallace, Idaho -- Actress (Survivors, Falcon Crest).
- Buddy Blattner: baseball player.
- Herbert Siegert: German football manager.
- Richard Dehmel writer: dies at age 56.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Yellow Dog Blues - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Let the Rest of the World Go By - Elizabeth Spencer & Charles Hart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?