Sunday 22 February 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Del Wood and Giulietta Masina.
Why Change Your Wife?, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Re-Creation of Brian Kent by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1920!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1920 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Del Wood: Singer.
- Giulietta Masina: Italy -- Actress (La Strada, Swindle, White Sheik).
- Bettina Vernon-Warren: dancer.
- George Moore: American doctor, administrative surgeon and cancer researcher notable for his discovery of the link between chewing tobacco and mouth cancer.
- Andre Barrais: France sport Champion.
- René-Jean Bonnenfant: Molédes Journalist
- 1st artificial rabbit used at a dog race track (Emeryville, California)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?