Sunday 22 February 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Giulietta Masina and Del Wood.
His Royal Slyness, directed by Hal Roach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 February 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1920!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1920 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Del Wood: Singer.
- Giulietta Masina: Italy -- Actress (La Strada, Swindle, White Sheik).
- Bettina Vernon-Warren: dancer.
- George Moore: American doctor, administrative surgeon and cancer researcher notable for his discovery of the link between chewing tobacco and mouth cancer.
- Andre Barrais: France sport Champion.
- René-Jean Bonnenfant: Molédes Journalist.
- 1st artificial rabbit used at a dog race track (Emeryville, California)