Wednesday 11 February 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Farouk of Egypt and Daniel James Jr.
Suds, directed by Jack Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Re-Creation of Brian Kent by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 February 1920 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Farouk of Egypt
- Daniel James Jr
- King Farouk: I of Egypt (d. 1965).
- Daniel F Galouye: science fiction author (d.1976).
- Daniel ''Chappie'' James Jr: American general (d. 1978).
- Farouk : Egyptian royalty, the son and successor of Fuad I, ruler of Egypt 1937-1952.
- Daniel James: Pensacola Military man.
- Daniel F[rancis] Galouye: United States -- Sci-fi author (Dark Universe, Last Leap).
- Boyd Bartley: American baseball player and manager (d. 2012).
- Farouk of: Farouk of Egypt (d. 1965).
- Daniel Galouye: American author (d. 1976).
- Billy Halop: NYC, New York -- Actor (Bert Munson-All in the Family).
- Fran?ois Richaudeau: Fouras les Bains EXecutives.
- Farouk I: Cairo, Egypt -- Last King of Egypt (1936-52).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Yellow Dog Blues - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Let the Rest of the World Go By - Elizabeth Spencer & Charles Hart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?