Friday 27 February 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jose Melis and David Vere.
Cosmopolis, directed by Gaston Ravel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Man of the Forest by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1920!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1920 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Jose Melis: Havana, Cuba -- Orchestra leader (Jack Paar Program).
- David Vere: Bendall former diplomat.
- Walter Mattern: German Nazi military personnel, a Hauptsturmführer (Captain) in the Waffen-SS during World War II who was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross, which was awarded to recognize extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership by Nazi Germany during World War II.
- Jean Vourc'h: French military officer in World War II, a sergeant, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Jacques Charon: Paris 4éme Actor.
- Alexandru D Xenopol Romanian historian: dies at age 72.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?