Friday 20 February 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Karl Albrecht and Armin Schibler.
Huckleberry Finn, directed by William Desmond Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Kindred of the Dust by Peter B. Kyne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1920!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1920 ?
- Karl Albrecht: German businessman co-founded Aldi (d. 2014).
- Armin Schibler
- Amédée Passemard: French military pilot, youngest pilot of French airforce in 2nd World War, 59 times in action between September 1939 and June 1940, shot down five German planes.
- Yevgeny Dragunov: Russian weapons designer designed the Dragunov sniper rifle (d. 1991).
- Liesbeth Tonckens [Wilhelmina]: Actress / lecturer (Free People).
- An earthquake hits Gori Georgia, killing 114.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You'd Be Surprised - Eddie Cantor
- My Isle of Golden Dreams - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?