Thursday 12 February 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Shirley Yamaguchi and William Roscoe Estep.
Suds, directed by Jack Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Mary-Marie by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 12 February 1920 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Shirley Yamaguchi
- William Roscoe Estep: Baptist historian and professor (d. 2000).
- Del Vento Giovanni: Italy Military man.
- Pran : Indian actor (d. 2013).
- Yoshiko Yamaguchi: Chinese-Japanese actress singer and politician (d. 2014).
- Emile Sauret composer: dies at age 67.
- Jean Allemane French socialist/communard (allemanisten): dies at age 77.
- Aurore Gagnon: French Canadian child abuse victim (d. 1920).
- NL votes 6-2 for 1 commissioner AL votes 6-2 to keep group commission
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Yellow Dog Blues - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Let the Rest of the World Go By - Elizabeth Spencer & Charles Hart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?