Saturday 24 July 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 24, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bella Abzug and Alexander H Cohen.
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 July 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1920 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Bella Abzug: American lawyer and politician (d. 1998).
- Alexander H Cohen: NYC, New York -- Broadway producer (Beyond the Fringe).
- Constance Dowling: Actress (Blind Spot), dies of cardiac arrest at 49.
- French troops occupy Damascus and depose Faisal I of Syria as king.ref name=quotFrench occupation of Syriaquot
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh! By Jingo! Oh! By Gee! - Frank Crumit
- Venetian Moon - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra