Monday 12 January 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Farmer Marshall Texas and Prof Jerzy Zubrzycki.
Pollyanna, directed by Paul Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Man of the Forest by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1920 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- James Farmer Marshall Texas: civil rights leader.
- Prof Jerzy Zubrzycki: Polish-born Australian sociologist (d. 2009).
- James Farmer: American activist and politician co-founded Congress of Racial Equality (d. 1999).
- Jerzy Zubrzycki: Polish-Australian sociologist and academic (d. 2009).
- Annual drafting of baseball players from minor leagues to be done in inverse order of the final standings, agreed to.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 January 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Peggy - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Blues (My Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me) - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Wait Till You Get Them Up in the Air, Boys - Billy Murray
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?