Saturday 17 January 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nora Kaye and Joseph George.
The Woman in the Suitcase, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 January 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1920 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Nora Kaye: NYC, New York -- Prima ballerina.
- Joseph George: Handy Hendleman musician.
- Corsica Joe: French-American wrestler (d. 2010).
- Georges Pichard: French author and illustrator (d. 2003).
- Paul Deschanel elected President of France.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Hymn to the Sun (Coq D' Or) - Mabel Garrison
- When I'm Gone You'll Soon Forget - Peerless Quartet
- I Want a Daddy Who Will Rock Me to Sleep - All-Star Trio
- Sweet and Low - Art Hickman & His Orchestra