Thursday 15 January 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Joseph O'Connor and Bob Davies.
Pollyanna, directed by Paul Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Mary-Marie by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1920 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- John Joseph O'Connor: Cardinal Archbishop of New York (Born 1920).
- Bob Davies
- Raymond Meunier: France Actor.
- Paul Josse: Pr?mery EXecutives.
- Steve Gromek: American baseball player (Born 1920).
- John O'Connor: American ecclesiastic, a Cardinal, the oldest active bishop in the U.S.
- John Junor: British editor in chief (Sunday Express).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Wait Till You Get Them Up in the Air, Boys - Billy Murray
- Blues (My Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me) - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Peggy - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- I Want a Daddy Who Will Rock Me to Sleep - All-Star Trio
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?