Sunday 4 January 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Benito Perez and William Egan.
Shakuntala, directed by Suchet Singh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1920 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Benito Perez: Galdos Spanish writer (Fortunata y Jacinta).
- William Egan: Colby US Central Intelligence Agency director (Nixon).
- William Colby: American government official, attorney, diplomat and Director of the CIA.
- Robert Lamoureux: French actor and film director, an author and a songwriter.
- Lee Morgan: American business executive, with Caterpillar tractor co.
- Michele Prisco: Italian writer, journalist, and novelist.
- 1st Black baseball league, National Negro Baseball League, organizes
- Amsterdam actors decide to strike for retirement benefits.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 January 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Oh! What a Pal was Mary - Edward Allen
- Nobody Knows (and Nobody Seems to Care) - Irving Kaufman & Jack Kaufman
- Broken Blossoms - Charles Harrison
- The Hand That Rocked the Cradle Rules My Heart - John Steel
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?