Tuesday 27 January 1920US date format: 1/27/1920, UK date format: 27/1/1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 27, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Labbé and Helmut Zacharias.
His Royal Slyness, directed by Hal Roach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 January 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1920 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Claude Labbé: French politician, Deputy for the Premiere of Seine-et-Oise from 1958 to 1993, President of the RPR from 1979 to 1985; Deputy of Hauts-de-Seine from 1986 to 1993.
- Helmut Zacharias: German violinist and composer (d. 2002).
- Willie Lamothe
- Philip Caldwell: American business executive.
- John Box: British film production designer and art director (Born 1920).
- Hiroyoshi Nishizawa: Japanese lieutenant and pilot (d. 1944).
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Invitation to the Waltz - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- Tell Me - Al Jolson
- You'd be Surprised - Irving Kaufman
- That Naughty Waltz - Eddy Brown