Saturday 31 January 1920US date format: 1/31/1920, UK date format: 31/1/1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 31, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Benoîte Groult and Robert Hersant.
His Royal Slyness, directed by Hal Roach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 January 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1920 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Benoîte Groult: French journalist and writer.
- Robert Hersant: French entrepreneur, the founder of a powerful chain of regional newspapers.
- Stewart L Udall: Saint Johns, Arizona -- US Secretary of Interior (1961-69).
- Bert Williams: English footballer.
- James Lee: American martial arts pioneer, teacher, author, and publisher.
- Stewart Udall: American politician and later, a federal government official.
- 1st Ukrainian daily newspaper in US (NYC) begins publication
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, at Howard University, incorporates.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Invitation to the Waltz - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- Tell Me - Al Jolson
- You'd be Surprised - Irving Kaufman
- That Naughty Waltz - Eddy Brown